It’s time for another Handy How-To!
We’ve talked in the past about how much we like Hubdoc and how we like how well it integrates with Xero. Today we are going to show you how to connect Xero and Hubdoc. There are a few steps to connect Xero and Hubdoc.
Step One: Connect Your Hubdoc File to Your Xero Account
This is the first step and it is very important! It’s very simple as well:
- Log in to your Hubdoc account and go to Accounts>Destinations>Xero, click Connect and find your Xero account.
- Now click on the box for Push to Xero Files
- You now have your Xero account connected to Hubdoc!
Step Two: Publish to Xero Files
Now that you have Hubdoc connected to your Xero file, you can publish bills from Hubdoc to Xero. Here’s how to do that
- Find a bill that you want to publish to Xero file within Hubdoc.
- Open it up within Hubdoc.
- Click on the bar to the right of the item (it should turn green when your mouse moves over it).
- On the Xero Files section click Configure and a drop down menu will appear. Click on the box for Save configuration. If you want the documents to come over automatically from Hubdoc also click on Autosync as this will allow the documents to automatically get pushed to Xero after they have been received in Hubdoc.
- Click Publish!
Step Three: Enable Hubdoc to Create a Bill in Xero
This is a great feature to take advantage of. If you have statements or receipts coming into Xero that you want to make into a bill, why not automate it? Having Hubdoc create the bill can save you lots of time! Here how:
- Click on the bar to the right of the document (it will turn green when your mouse moves over it).
- Configure the settings under the Xero section. You will want to make sure you edit the Publish as setting as to what type of document you would like created in Xero.
- TIP – Draft is a good choice for the Status setting because this will allow you to edit the document in Xero it if needed before you publish it.
- Find the contact in the drop down menu for Contact or choose Add new.
- Choose the Account Code.
- Review to make sure you entered evertything correctly.
- Click on Publish!
We hope you enjoyed this Handy How-To!