Memorizing Bills in QuickBooks can be a very useful tool if you are a business that has recurring charges from vendors each month. This tool can save a lot of time by having those bills ready to go for you every time you pay your bills. All you need to do is memorize the bill one time by following these easy steps:
- In the Enter Bills screen, enter the recurring charges on the bill
- Click “Memorize” in the tool bar on the top of the screen.
- A window will pop up with options for how you would like QuickBooks to handle this memorized bill. You can have QuickBooks remind you to generate the bill by choosing “Add to my Reminder List” or have QuickBooks enter the transaction by choosing “Automate Transaction Entry”.
- Then, on the right, simply choose how often you would like the transaction to recur and when the next date will be.
- You can find your memorized invoices by going to Lists>Memorized Transaction List or by hitting Ctrl + T.