In order to share files securely with our clients, we use SmartVault, an online document storage system. Via the SmartVault client portal, we and our clients can easily and securely manage files from our desktops, mobile devices, or web browsers. All documents are securely backed up and stored in the cloud.
To access SmartVault for the first time, please follow the instructions below:
- After we give you access to a folder within our vaults, you will receive an email containing a link to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click on the link.
- You will need to create your account on the screen shown below.
- Your name and email address should pre-fill from the information that we entered. Access. Please enter your phone number and create a password.
- Click that you agree to SmartVault’s Terms of Service.
- Click “Create My User”.
You can access SmartVault at any time after you have created your profile by completing the following simple steps:
- Go to the Beyond Balanced Books Website .
- Click on Documents in the Client Center as shown in the image below.
- The link will take you to the SmartVault sign-in page where you will enter the credentials that you created when you first created your account.
If you forget your password, it can be easily reset. Simply follow the steps below.
- On the SmartVault sign-in page, click on the “Having trouble signing in?” link shown in the image below.
- On the next screen, enter the email address associated with your SmartVault account.
- Click “Submit”.
- Click “Request Password Reset”.
- An email containing a link will be sent to your email address. It May take a few minutes for SmartVault to process the request. Click on the link.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can reset your password. Enter the new password and then enter it again next to “Confirm password:”.
- Click “Reset Password”.
To download a file from SmartVault:
- Click on the vault that you wish to access.
- Click on the folder until you reach the one that you would like to access.
- Once you have opened the folder, you will see icons next to the files. Click on the first icon with the downward facing green arrow (see image below).
To upload a file to SmartVault:
- Find the folder to which you want to add a file or files.
- Click on “Upload File” icon above the box where the files appear. It has a green + sign.
- Drag and drop files into the dialog box.
- Click “Browse” and choose the file’s location on your local computer in the next dialog box.